?

Log in

Ashley's Journal

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Thursday, August 30th, 2012
2:48 pm
And another person today tells me she's raped by her husband because of "marital rights." That's 3 in the past 6 months.

Next person to tell me that a wife owes her husband sex is going to get punched in the face.

(3 comments | comment on this)

Monday, May 21st, 2012
9:16 pm
Sewing plan for the next few months:

-Make Michael Kors dress round 2
-Light colored linen trousers for summer
-Double breasted winter coat with a shawl collar.

That last one is my next big project. The linen trousers I'm doing partially because I want more linen pants, but also because I really wanna get the fit down on my "full rear". The coat on the other hand will be my first attempt at interlining, a rolled collar, possibly pad stitching, maybe some tailoring, and I'm going to try to figure out the swayback adjustment (see also "full rear"). Now that I have my shiny new machine I'm not afraid of things like buttonholes!

(comment on this)

Friday, December 16th, 2011
8:28 am - Writer's Block: B.Y.O.B. Holidays
What is your must-see holiday movie? One random answer will win a $50 Amazon gift card. [Details here]


How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Boris Karloff version of course. We watched that every single year on Christmas Eve at my dad's house, and it's one of the few family traditions that I've actually kept. That and eating "roast beast" for dinner. Of course if you watch a movie 20+ times in your life you'll get it memorized, but I still love every moment of that film.

I can't wait to watch it with Evie on Yule eve.

(comment on this)

Sunday, October 2nd, 2011
5:19 pm - Lookee what I made!


It's pretty rough, and I clearly have a lot of room to improve, but I'm pretty proud of my handspun yarn :)

(1 comment | comment on this)

Thursday, July 28th, 2011
1:53 pm - Done with this
LJ has been so unstable lately that I'm just done with this. I'm debating between dreamwidth and wordpress. Either way, I'll post a link when I'm ready for the move.

(comment on this)

Sunday, October 31st, 2010
11:33 pm
I'll put up a full post later, but this year we had 283 trick or treaters.

283.

I live in the best neighborhood ever!

(1 comment | comment on this)

Friday, August 6th, 2010
1:36 pm - Cut it out
I just received word from jadeejf that some of you have sent harassing emails to the person referenced in my last post.

Seriously, wtf? People, that is just unacceptable. This person, who is hurting over her own situation, lost sight of basic compassion and said something incredibly hurtful and offensive to me. Which means that I sent her an email detailing how what she said was hurtful, and ranted about it here and on facebook, because that's how I deal with things. But 1) I deal with this stuff..ME. 2) I have no ill will towards her. I still like her, I still wish her well, and told her so explicitly. What she said seriously crossed the line, but was said out of blindness, not malice.

Just so you're aware, if you say something that pisses me off, if you do something I find truly unacceptable, you WILL hear about it from me, directly, in no uncertain terms. I don't play this passive aggressive talk behind the back game.

A lot of people can't handle that, so you're being warned.

I posted that entry for a reason, much like I'm posting this one. I hate how women in particular judge other women, and I hate how all of that judgment is used to silence and shame women. I've ranted about this before. So yes, when it comes up in my life, I will write about it here, partially to just release my anger, but also to make an example. What my friend said to me yesterday was unacceptable. It is unacceptable for anyone to treat any other person like that.

I'm making this entry today because it was unacceptable for you (and i don't know who you are, other than my lj friend) to send a harassing email to her. Or to contact her in any way. What happened between us is our business, which is why I said nothing identifying beyond what was immediately relevant to the situation. Perhaps her entry in question was public, I don't remember. Regardless, even if I said "look at what did to me!" it is NOT acceptable.

So, seriously, SHAME ON YOU. Also, what the fuck?

She reported you to LJ abuse, which sounds like was highly deserved. Seriously unacceptable people!

I'm making this one of my very few public entries. I want it KNOWN that I don't find shit like this acceptable under any circumstance. Moreover, as I suspect she will check up on this, I want her to know that I did not intend for my friends to harass her, did not provide identifying information, and did not suggest in any way that such a thing was acceptable. I don't mind if people think badly over stuff I've actually done, but it really pisses me off when people project shit on me and then hate me for it.

I'm also disabling comments on this because I don't want deal with this situation any more. It's unfortunate, but it's done. Get over it. I have.

Cut it out people. And the two of you who sent her emails, apologize. Be a fucking adult.

current mood: disappointed
Friday, May 7th, 2010
1:28 pm - Gargoyle coccoon update!
x-posted to organic-garden

I have good news, and bad news. First, the bad news: It appears that the cocoon in question didn't make it.

Good news: I had 2 more I didn't even know of!
Cut for massive pictures of massive mothsCollapse )

Read more...Collapse )

(4 comments | comment on this)

Friday, January 8th, 2010
11:28 am
The one hour I'm away from her in 3 days is when she starts crawling. I fucking missed it.

(2 comments | comment on this)

Tuesday, October 13th, 2009
9:28 pm - Talent, I has it.
I managed to pull/strain a muscle on my sternum today. Every single movement hurts, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it besides hope that 2 ibuprofen helps a little.

This, after I sprained my toe 2 weeks ago. A winnr iz me!

current mood: irritated

(comment on this)

Monday, September 28th, 2009
11:01 pm
On April 10, 2007 we bought a house and promptly tore out all the carpeting.

As of tonight, almost 2.5 years later, we have flooring in every single room.

Victory is mine! The Monkey Room is done!

We still have to clean it up and put in the furniture, but I now havea functional 3 bedroom house. Finally. After 6 months of badgering Kevin about it. It's done :) :) :)

current mood: thankful

(comment on this)

Tuesday, July 14th, 2009
1:52 pm
We have Zubbles!!!! They are awesome!

For the record, "Presto Pink" is actually purple.

current mood: chipper

(4 comments | comment on this)

Tuesday, June 9th, 2009
1:36 pm - Zack Morris, 20 years later
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/saved-by-the-bell-returns-zack-morris-meets-jimmy-fallon--395

Skip the article, just watch the amazingly creepy video

current mood: amused

(comment on this)

Sunday, June 7th, 2009
12:27 am - I'd expand this to Irish as well...


current mood: amused

(1 comment | comment on this)

Tuesday, May 19th, 2009
11:59 am - Meme fail
So you know that idea about how we're all fatter because we're sedentary and yadda yadda?

Yeah, total bullshit.

As physical activity expenditure has not declined over the same period that obesity rates have increased dramatically, and daily energy expenditure of modern man is in line with energy expenditure in wild mammals, it is unlikely that decreased expenditure has fuelled the obesity epidemic.

We are as active as people in 3rd world countries, as frigging WILD ANIMALS, and MORE active than we were 25 years ago.

Bottom line, obesity epidemic ideas a utter bullshit.

(2 comments | comment on this)

Friday, May 8th, 2009
3:44 pm - In things that boggle the mind....
Ok, the trend of taking popular/cultish movies and turning them into stage musicals has gone too far.

First we have The Titanic (which bombed). Then Legally Blonde (which amazingly didn't bomb). Then 9 to 5 (success yet to be determined). And now...

The Wicker Man!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I adore all things musicals, but this is just damn ridiculous. There is no way this could work on stage. None.

(4 comments | comment on this)

Tuesday, May 5th, 2009
10:53 am - Fat hate to the next level!
Ok, this is disturbing

Apparently only super thin women should be on the Supreme Court. Seriously. People honestly believe that. What the fuck?

(comment on this)

Friday, April 10th, 2009
4:49 pm - Heh
So, you've heard how obesity causes sleep apnea, and the fatter you are the more sever your apnea will be?

Apparently, that study was falsified

Dude lied, a lot, and it's now official.

(1 comment | comment on this)

4:08 pm - Best Youtube clip. Ever.


It has a full trifecta of things Ashley loves!

current mood: amused

(comment on this)

Wednesday, March 11th, 2009
3:34 pm - A new resolution
I need to stop reading the internet, or at least trying to get medical advice on the internet. Because seriously, it's written to freak me out, and that's just mean.

I'm going ot take my two obscure and easily explained away signs of pre-eclampsia (compared to the normal signs that ACTUALLY suggest something's wrong) and take a nap.

For the record, my midwife says everything's fine, and I'm just being neurotic. Which, I am. Bah!

current mood: nauseated

(comment on this)

> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com